Scarlet City Church is looking for a grace-filled leader who loves children to lead Scarlet City Kids (SCK). SCK provides a clean, safe, and fun environment for children to encounter the gospel. The ministry currently has four volunteer-staffed classrooms for Sunday worship gatherings: Nursery, Toddler, Pre-K, and Elementary. The SCK Director will provide vision and organizational leadership for the ministry, reinforce a culture of grace and wholeness, and build a foundation of spiritual formation for children.
Interested in working at Scarlet City or interning? Check out the openings below.
Scarlet City Kids Director
Position: Scarlet City Kids Director
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Category of Employment: Part-Time (20 hours weekly) / Salaried
Pay & Benefits: Commensurate with experience
- Aligns with Scarlet City Church’s core purpose, values, and ministry approach
- Passionate about children and committed to their holistic flourishing
- Embraces spiritual formation as a means of growth and discipleship
- Visionary leader who can pioneer and refine processes
- Builder of teams who can develop and manage volunteers
- Gifted in organization and administration
- High emotional intelligence
- Communicates effectively and works well with others
- Willing to participate in the overall life of Scarlet City Church
Scarlet City Church was established in 2011 to be a people joining God’s story of transformation and renewal. Distinguishing qualities of the church include: gospel-centered approach to ministry, worship gatherings that combine ancient and contemporary expressions, spiritual formation-focused discipleship, and a commitment to work for justice and the common good of Columbus, Ohio. In 2019, Scarlet City purchased a facility on the corner of Morse Road and High Street in the Clintonville-Beechwold neighborhood.
Scarlet City is a young growing church with a small staff committed to help people flourish.
Vision & Volunteer Development (20% / ~4 hours/week)
- Cast vision and oversee ministry that emphasizes spiritual disciplines such as prayer, Scripture, making space for God, etc.
- Train, coach, and care for SCK leaders and volunteers
- Research and select curriculum for each classroom
- Seek creative ways to encourage kids and families during the week
- Develop and execute at least two non-Sunday events to minister to kids and families per year
Administration (40% / ~8 hours/week)
- Recruit, train, and schedule SCK volunteers
- Maintain a secure and efficient check-in and check-out process
- Maintain data on families and children in church database
- Communicate regularly with members and attendees who are parents, and follow up with new families
- Ensure safety guidelines are properly implemented
- Recruit paid or volunteer childcare workers for special church events
- Assemble and manage curriculum for Sunday SCK classes
- Manage SCK budget
- Effectively utilize provided technology (label printers, tablets for check-in, Planning Center suite of software, etc.)
Sunday Service (20% /~4 hours/week)
- Ensure classrooms are prepared and volunteers are present before families arrive
- Provide a hospitable, gracious, and encouraging presence to volunteers, children, and parents
- Serve as teacher, volunteer, or sub in classrooms occasionally, but plan to be present in adult worship gathering at least 2x a month
Sunday Service (20% /~4 hours/week)
- Participate in weekly staff priorities meeting
- Meet with Lead Pastor for check-ins, development, and reviews
- Participate in strategy and team building events
- Participate in Explore, membership meetings, and other events
For more information about Scarlet City Church, visit scarletcitychurch.org.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter (optional) to
Amanda Robinette – email@example.com.