Sunday Worship Gathering 10:30 AM
114 Morse Road Columbus, OH 43214 (Map)
Date: October 27, 2013
Speaker: Jay O'Brien
Series: Acts of the Church
Scripture: Acts 2:14–2:41
The first sermon of the church outlines the story of grace rooted in the life, death, resurrection, and exaltation of Jesus Christ.
How does the Spirit apply grace to our lives?
I. The Spirit applies grace to our mind.
- Christianity requires that we think.
- The Spirit illuminates our minds to the truth of God, ourselves, and our world.
II. The Spirit applies grace to our heart.
- The Spirit brings personal conviction of sin.
- The Spirit has us more than we have the Spirit.
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found; was blind, but now I see.
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved;
how precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.
Amazing Grace by John Newton
III. The Spirit applies grace to our actions.
What shall we do?
How does God want to apply grace to you today?
RESOURCES for further study (consider these resources to learn more)
- Acts for Everyone - N.T. Wright
- Acts (Commentary) - Darrell Bock
- ESV Study Bible